Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Sisters That Blog Together

Blogging can be hard specially if you don't have anyone in your life that really understands what it's all about. Lucky for me, my sister Alice has been in the blogging world a lot longer than me. She's the one that opened my eye's to the blogosphere and encouraged me to be a part of it. I don't think I could ever thank her enough for that, it gave me something to focus on when things weren't too great for me. She's also partly to blame for my shocking spending habits.





I know I'm super lucky to have started off blogging knowing I have someone I can whatsapp my dumb questions to, to have someone I can bounce ideas off of and know I'm about to get a truth bomb.
Alice has been running SotonBlogger's for around 3 years now, mainly on her own. Which meant that sometimes she needed a hand getting things to venues, which then meant if I helped I got to go along with her. I've known and grown friendships with some SotonBlogger's before I actually took the plunge and started blogging myself thanks to Alice.

Here are some of my favourite things about having a sister that blogs;

• She gets the whole 'Don't eat until I've taken a picture'
• Always on hand for any advise on collabs.
• Won't judge me for only painting the nails Instagram will see.
• Need a bit of inspo? Coffee date!
• Forever being the best cheerleader there is.
• Will always screen shot and message to tell be about any typos I've made.
• Not afraid to tell me if an idea is shit.
• She knows the tips and tricks to staying on top of everything.
• Is able to deter me from buying all the unnecessary props.
• Being able to speak to her about anything bloggy that frustrates me and she actually gets it.
• I rarely go to events on my own because we can go together.
• We can spend a day in PJ's, eating junk food while writing posts together.
• On hand for outfit of the day snaps when needed.
• If she stumbles upon somewhere aesthetically pleasing, I'm the next person she takes there.
• she understands the need for that new release and will be on hand to try get it if I can't.
• If I'm feeling a little shit about my blog she always gives me reasons not to be.
• Happy to spend a day wondering around beauty counters.
• Never judges when I buy another notebook that is definitely not needed.
• She's normally stood in the pile of leaves with a Starbucks trying to get that shot too.

There's so many more I could add to the list but it would soon become never ending. I think my absolute favourite thing all together about having a blogging sister that is much more established than me, is the fact that my big sister is my blogging inspiration and I can only ever aspire to be as good as her.

She's over on Annie Writes Beauty if you don't love her blog already.
Emily-May x

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is a lovely post! Loved reading this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so lovely :) You two are so cute <3 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! I wish I had someone close me to share blogging with like this I bet it's so much fun! And going to events together sounds so good too!

    Ellie x

    elliesbitsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Auras of Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig