Pixi Peel And Polish

Sunday 13 August 2017

You may have been living under a rock if you haven't seen any of Pixi's new skincare making the rounds on social media. I'm a sucker for anything new, as soon as I see that word next to a product I need it in my life. The Peel & Polish resurfacing concentrate was calling out to me, so it was only right I tried it out.






If I'm honest, I was super unsure on this product and whether to actually go ahead and use it as I have pretty sensitive skin, but there was no need to second think it at all. I personally haven't reacted to it and it hasn't left me with uncomfortable skin like some products have done before. If anything it's made my skin feel so lovely.

Peel and Polish is a enzyme peel which resurfaces, boots radiance, leaves your skin feeling softer and smoother while revealing a healthy glow. There's a lot of ingredients packed into this tube of goodness, almost too many to mention. There's a fair few different fruit extracts including cucumber, orange and lemon as well as some Acids, including sobic acid, benzoic acid and polylactic acid. The main ingredients noted on the packaging are Lactic Acid helps exfoliate and clarify, Papaya Fruit Extract helps tone and texture and Sugar Cane Extract glow revealing. You can find a full Ingredients list here.

I have now been using the resurfacing concentrate for a couple of month now. I personally find it very gritty and because of that I don't use it 2-3 times a week as directed, I use it once a week otherwise I find it a little too harsh on my skin, but like I said before, I have very sensitive skin. Some people may use it a coupe of times a week with no issues, I find once a week just right for my skins sensitivity.

Now onto how it's used. Apply to clean dry skin like a face mask while avoiding the eye area. You can leave the Peel and Polish on your skin for up to 2 minutes. Once your 2 minutes are up you can either gently massage into your skin for a deeper exfoliation and then rinse off or go straight to rinsing and pat dry. As I've mentioned, it is a gritty texture, I personally use a fair bit of the product to cover my face and neck otherwise I find it feels a little harsh when applying a small amount. Something that I think is super important to mention is the fact that Peel and Polish has an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which can effect your skins sensitivity to the sun, in small print on the packaging it's noted that you should use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure for up to a week after use. I've personally found FrezyDerms facial sunscreen perfect for this as it can be used as a primer.

I have to say, I'm a real fan of Pixi's Peel and Polish. My skin is noticeably brighter and smoother. I can get dry patches sometimes and this has really helped combat that.
Have you used any of Pixi's skin care?
Emily-May x

3 comments:

  1. This product sounds really lovely, I'm a sucker for anything skincare and this certainly sounds right up my street! xx

    www.gollymissholly.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this! I've tried a few pixi products and love how they made my skin feel amazing so think this is on my wish list now 🙊

    Stacey
    www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome and your skin sounds similar to mine so if I get this I'd probably try just using it once a week as well.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete