L'Oreal Bright & Blemish Rescue Pure Clay Masks

Sunday 20 August 2017

It's no secret that I am a lover of L'Oreal's skin care, specially their pure clay collection which is full of masks and face washes dedicated to easing certain skin issues. I popped into my local drugstore and clocked these two new additions that I didn't even have a clue were being released. So obviously they came home with me, specially as they were the only two there.





I actually use other additions to this collection regularly, the previous masks are all good in their own ways. There's the Glow, Purity and Detox mask which you can read about here, each of those masks come with a clay face wash which you can also read about here. So I'm now just eagerly awaiting the clay face washes to match these two newbies.

What I love about the Pure Clay masks is that you can do multi masks with them, or if you feel like your skin will benefit from just the one you can do that too. Since owning these two I've been trying out different multi masks with the whole collection, just using these two together and on their own too. When using them regularly you can see the benefits. I've been reaching for the blemish mask in the evening and just dabbing a little bit on any little problems that have appeared through the day and it definitely helps to minimise!

So lets talk a little more about these two masks. They both have the same three main pure clay's like the rest of the collection which are Kaolin known to absorb impurities and excess sebum, Montmorillonite helps to eliminate imperfections and then we have Ghassoul helps to clarify complexion. Along with these clay's each mask has their own individual added extra.

Bright Mask - 3 pure clay's with Yuzu Lemon. The yuzu lemon extract is known for its skin evening properties. The texture is creamy with a little added grit of natural exfoliators, it cleanses deep into the skin absorbing oil and buffing away dead skin cells with out drying your skin out. I wasn't aware of this until I went onto L'Oreal's website but this mask is designed for Ethnic Skin, it's not actually noted anywhere on the packaging at all.

Blemish Rescue - 3 pure clay's with Marine Algae. The algae extract is known for its anti-blemish properties. The rescue mask works deep into your pores to unclog blackheads and clear imperfections. This masks texture is rich and creamy, once dried on the skin it doesn't seem as tight as some of the other masks. Best for blemish prone skin.

After using the whole collection for a while now I definitely have my favourites. I'd pick the Glow mask over the Bright mask, I find the Glow one better for my complexion. I've now swapped the Detox mask out for the Blemish mask, it's not so drying on the skin but I will still use it now and again. I'm still undecided on the Purity mask, there's something about it that I just can't put my finger on.

Have you tried any of the collection out? What's your favourite?
Emily-May x

1 comment:

  1. Oooh these new ones sound good, although weird they've not really mentioned anywhere that one is for ethnic skin!! I only have the detox mask so far which I've been loving but I'm nearly out :( Tempted to try the glow mask next!! xx

    Golly Miss Holly

    ReplyDelete